Saturday, March 12, 2011

twenty five

The quiet drowns out the voices
That are screaming out your name
Solitude opens a part of me
That will never be the same
My tide ebbs and flows
With the thoughts in my head
Distorted, perverted images of love
An emotion better left to the dead
No point to open up to a new threat
Feelings cannot be passed to another
If one heart is hard and refuses to melt
No time given to heal, left just with a cover
Time in my head to get lost inside
To find out what is there left whole
Time in my heart to rebrick the wall
Perhaps a door left open for your soul
Hope not for me to love your face
The ties that bind one there will keep
Me from partaking in such acts of fools
No matter the hours I sit and weep
Jealous of the smiles of foreign lovers

No comments:

Post a Comment