Sunday, February 27, 2011

ten

Sad eyes are no disguise for a tattered heart.
Ending of a day, you longing to depart
The void in you filled by the ignorance of youth.
Though your blinded from the bitter truth.
The ties that slip around your soul; you want.
Though memories of us will just begin to haunt.
Take your cup and drink deep.
Your actions are yours to keep.
My face will torment you at night.
You will beg endlessly for the next light.
The hollow shell that lies in your bed
is an illusion of love that is long dead.
The words I twist dance in your mind.
Your regret is leaving us behind.
My image is a poision to all of your senses
you damn yourself for your own defenses.
While locked in her callow embrace,
you will find yourself seeking my face.
Damn your mind. Damn your heart.


2 comments:

  1. This is lovely and sad and haunting. And I wish it was a work of fiction my friend. But souls are made of stronger stuff than we imagine dear and in time your words will be filled with flowers and the power of a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I've been burned before Shannon. It just makes you stronger, but more weary of fire.

    ReplyDelete